× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 and Wi-Fi stops at 15-20mbit

Misterswede
Guide

XR700 and Wi-Fi stops at 15-20mbit

I have 300 mbit down and 150 mbit up

when I test via cable all is good, and test directly to fiber router all's is perfect

i set up the XR700 not even 1 year old and it tests Wi-Fi and says 300 down and 130 up so that is also good.

when I test the Wi-Fi after all setting is ready it says 15 and max 20 mbit down and gets crazy 190 up

i removed QoS and one time I got good result then it went back to max 20 mbit down

latest firmvare is on and I am about getting a hammer an hit the XR700 after 100 tests 

also about to make factory reset

since I bought it I have had 24 mbit so I feel like it has learned that this is max but now fiber and 300 it got lazy 

please help me you experts

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 and Wi-Fi stops at 15-20mbit

Glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue. I would recommend you take a look at our optimal settings guides. They will help you understand the router and how to use specific features. There are also ? icons on all panels that give you more information as well. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Misterswede
Guide

I found it 🙂

The top left corner in QoS there is what down and up are maxed I thing my xr700 had made settings for previous setting
I have put hem both on 1000mbit so it rocks
Design bad from net gear to have so important issue hidden in that small menu
I was about to kill it
Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue. I would recommend you take a look at our optimal settings guides. They will help you understand the router and how to use specific features. There are also ? icons on all panels that give you more information as well. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7