× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 causing lag in game on Xbox 1 X

Rick6922
Luminary

XR700 causing lag in game on Xbox 1 X

Hi. I just got the NH xr700 set it up, set the geo filter...... I play black ops 4 on Xbox 1X. I never had the game show a conection plug and lag in game before i hooked up the XR700. Can some pls help?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR700 causing lag in game on Xbox 1 X

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

I would do a factory reset on the XR and set it up from scratch. This time, do not set up any QoS or Geo Filter. Use default settings after walking thru the setup wizard. 

Connect the xbox via wired connection.

Disable Instant ON on the xbox. 

Message 2 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi - you need to add your gaming device to the top Device panel on the Geo-Filter. See this guide for how to do this:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-...

Message 3 of 7
Rick6922
Luminary

I read all that after I ordered the 700. It took 2 days to get after I ordered. [but im sure i missed a lot lol]  my xbox is the only device I have in the geo filter. Now on the anti bufferbloat at the bottom of the page under trafic prioritization is says add device, do I add the Xbox 1 x there too? If I check that a window opens with a list of games. i only play black ops 4. it isnt on that list.  ive got the all devices box checked right above that . it says dumaos classifed games. i have that enabled.the game complety loses conection with the host momentarily.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 7
Rick6922
Luminary

Im assuming the FW is the latest. when I plugged up router yesterday it updated.the modem is about a week old and it works great alone. its the netgear CM1000. Ill try what you said. on the xbox what is instanton?

Message 5 of 7
Rick6922
Luminary

How do I do a factory reset?

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You would add it as a game console but no need as DumaOS Classified Games will encompass the console so don't add a manual rule as well.

Xbox Instant On is when you can wake it up from its sleep state and it continues to do downloads in the background. If you turn that off it will turn off the Xbox every time properly and may help with the issue. Factory reset go to Settings > Administration > Backup Settings and click erase.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7