× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 connection to Fios quantum router will not connect to internet

kdjohnson
Aspirant

XR700 connection to Fios quantum router will not connect to internet

I am trying to attach the Xr700 Router to my verizon quantum router, the router is plugged into Coaxial for internet access.  I have tried servral different things suggested on other forums that require changing setting on the fios router and also the xr700 router and still will not connect to the internet.  Anyone out there that is having the same issue and has found the fix it would be greatly appreciated.  I got the xr700 to expand the wireless since the verizion router wirelss does not work well.

Thanks

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Homeslice
Tutor

A moca adapter is coaxial to Ethernet and it’s made by actiontec. It’s gonna give you more freedom to place your xr700 any where in your home to get the best results

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You should have gone through the initial setup wizard on the XR700, did it not detect a connection then? If not have you redone it since then manually?
Message 2 of 8
kdjohnson
Aspirant

I finally was able to access the internet whenI made the router an access point, this seems to limit what I can do with the router now which is not what I wanted.  I sitll would like it use the whole functionality of the router but for know at least I have access and at least the wifi is A LOT better then the verizons wifi coverage

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi kd, glad to hear that. In that case there shouldn't be anything wrong with the router, switch it back to router mode and do the initial setup.
Message 4 of 8
Homeslice
Tutor

I have Fios also what I did was give back the router to Verizon brought a moca adapter to send internet to the cable boxes and just used the xr700 router. That way I saved like $15 a month for two years for there equipment. If you need any further information on how to make this possible hit me up
Message 5 of 8
Mjohnson4580
Tutor

I think your best bet would be to run an ethernet cable directly from your ont to the router. You can then bypass the junk verizon gives you. When i had fios at the apartment i lived at that is what i did.

Message 6 of 8
kdjohnson
Aspirant

I dont have cable TV anymore.  What is the moca adapter that you bought.   My ONT is outside and down in the basement and my verizon router is connected to coaxial in my office on the third floor on the other side of the house.  I do not want to run an ethernet cord from outside downstairs up 2 stories to the other side of the house.  So if the MOCA adapter that you bought will work where it connects to my coaxial cable that modem is connected to and replaces that modem that would be best for me.  I actually bought the verizon modem/router years ago is because it was a waste of money to pay rent for something that I would would be paid off within a year.  

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Homeslice
Tutor

A moca adapter is coaxial to Ethernet and it’s made by actiontec. It’s gonna give you more freedom to place your xr700 any where in your home to get the best results
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7