× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

回复: XR700 constantly factory resets

dingletary
Follower

XR700 constantly factory resets

Hi,

I have an issue with my XR700 constantly factory resetting, whenever it is restarted. We use this router for robotics applications, so it is constantly moving around. This would not be a big issue if loading configurations would work, but after loading a saved configuration, it seems to reboot and thus lose all of its settings.

I tried many things to fix this issue. I checked that the reset button is not stuck, I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded again to the most recent version, and I tried several factory resets. At this point, I am not sure what to try. I would try to return the router, but it was purchased by the university and thus it is very difficult to work with them to make returns for such small purchases.

If you have any idea how this issue can be resolved, please let me know. One other issue that I am having is that sometimes, the router setup (which I have to do every time the device is powered on) is extremely slow. As in, it takes several minutes to go from one page to the other.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 constantly factory resets

For Internet Setup are you using static information? If so that could indicate why it's going back to the setup wizard if it needs to try to get a connection back as the static settings don't work when you move it elsewhere. If so use dynamic.
Is the router plugged into a power strip? If so if it's receiving fluctuations in power it could explain this so plug it directly into an outlet. Are you using the backup file at all?

For the secondary issue clear the browser cache and cookies or use an incognito window, is it faster then?
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How was FW updated? Auto update or manual FW file load? I loaded mine via manual FW file load to v10. No factory resets thus far. 

@dingletary wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue with my XR700 constantly factory resetting, whenever it is restarted. We use this router for robotics applications, so it is constantly moving around. This would not be a big issue if loading configurations would work, but after loading a saved configuration, it seems to reboot and thus lose all of its settings.

I tried many things to fix this issue. I checked that the reset button is not stuck, I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded again to the most recent version, and I tried several factory resets. At this point, I am not sure what to try. I would try to return the router, but it was purchased by the university and thus it is very difficult to work with them to make returns for such small purchases.

If you have any idea how this issue can be resolved, please let me know. One other issue that I am having is that sometimes, the router setup (which I have to do every time the device is powered on) is extremely slow. As in, it takes several minutes to go from one page to the other.

Message 3 of 5
mingle123
Tutor

回复: XR700 constantly factory resets

It need to clarify the FW version first, When did you bought this Router? you need to contack  netgear support team to debug what's the matter, software of hardware broken?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@dingletary wrote:

Hi,

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7