× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 disconnecting in AP mode

DavJern73
Guide

XR700 disconnecting in AP mode

Ive always had a 2nd router in AP mode, it was an ASUS...that died ( I Think) and I ended up buying a XR700. I took my old XR500 and made that a AP now. MY son as the AP router in his room that he plays xbox and all his wifi stuff on. Its been running fine until yesterday and all of a sudden its disconnecting and rebooting (lights and all are turning off then just sits there with the red power light while my son is playing on his xbox.. It never even boots back up. It reboots about every other game. Ive tried resetting everything, unplugged it from the extender and plugged it straight into a wall. I'm about to just run his xbox stright off my XR700 to make sure ifs the XR500. IF it is...any ideas why its doing this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 disconnecting in AP mode

That's very odd, how have you connected the two routers together, via powerline or long ethernet cable? Is it possible it's in a position where it is overheating?
Message 2 of 6
DavJern73
Guide

yes, I have it wired with a new cat 8 cable. The cable is about 30 ft but its going under my house so its really only like 10 ft in another room. I disconnected his xbox from the xr500 and connected it to my xr700 last night and he didnt get disconnected once. Im stumped.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've just realized you've posted this on the Netduma forum as well, lets continue there as we're helping you in two places at the moment!

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31704-xr500-disconnecting-in-ap-mode/
Message 4 of 6
DavJern73
Guide

Correct I did...I posted over there but realized since its under netgear over here would be better. I'm not sure if its easier to delete the post over on Duma then here. Sorry.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Don't worry about it, if people have the same issue on the NG forum they can see this here and then follow it on the ND forum. We mostly reply to the issues here anyway 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7