× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 going back for refund... Recommend me some options?

RamjetX
Star

XR700 going back for refund... Recommend me some options?

Hi All,

Well the XR700 is back in it's box ready to go back for a refund. It's return it in the next 7 days or I don't get the full refund. And it's a risk I'd rather not take. 

It's a real shame, because for a consumer product, I loved the optical fibre port option and the plex server integrated into the unit. Honestly, the only reason I bought it over anything else was the inbuilt plex server. It mean't I could turn off a PC on the network that didn't need to be on anymore.

Looking for options for a replacement. I know I won't get Plex Server in practically anything else, but at this point, network stability is far more important.

For home I'm thinking around the same price as the XR700. The Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 looks comparitively good as an alternative. It drops fibre and plex support but gains a VPN Server.. It's a fraction cheaper too.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

RamjetX

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: XR700 going back for refund... Recommend me some options?

We're not allowed to recommend other brands/models here, but what you mentioned is a good option

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7