× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 issues

PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

XR700 issues

So having R App issues not responding, tried flashing the .24 FW with TFTP then doing a hard 60s reset I'm still having issues. Wifi will drop even on a clean channel (not auto) 5ghz range is kinda laughable, the GUI is terrible for mobile and I've noticed temps on the 5ghz and cpu getting into the mid 60's (66c to be exact). Now, I've looked on the top of the unit and the fan isn't spinning at all. I've gone into debug.htm and also switched fan speed to 4000 (which the ham still does not come on) and also when I click the box for "fan always on" the page just resets, box stays blank and the fan still does not come on. Please help as this is a very expensive router and I'm losing faith in NetDuma and Netgear... When is the .30FW out for beta? Is it purely just a NetDuma OS fix or is Netgear HW fixing their side also? I've also tried downgrading to the .10FW via TFTP to no avail so anything you guys can do to guide me and this frustrating nightmare XR700 to some positive light would be MOST APPRECIATIVE!!
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 issues

A lot of those seem to be Netgear issues to fix and they will be putting fixes into the firmware as well. The beta for XR700 should be out within the next few weeks I suspect but not promising anything - that's best case scenario. Would suggest perhaps putting it in AP mode and see if the WiFi performs any better that way. I wouldn't worry about the temperature, the fans will kick in when needed.
Message 2 of 5
PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

I didn't know exactly what CPU is in the XR700 so I couldn't check the TJMax. I did think it a bit weird when going into the debug.htm and trying to check the "Always Enable Fan" option - it will NOT turn the fan on and the box will NOT stay checked.  All checking that box will do is refresh the debug page. Also like I said before I did turn the fan speed to 4000rpm but I have no way of checking if that's actually going to do anything or not as the fan doesn't turn on.  Anyway I cannot wait for this new FW release, I hope it fixes a lot of bugs in the OS and FW as a whole and it becomes the beast I know it to be!

Message 3 of 5
PCLLC-JFenn
Tutor

I noticed when my son was downloading Rainbow 6 on Steam this afternoon, his Rx rate was 25MBps.  I have the QoS Anti-Bufferbloat set to 50% @ 150Mbps Rx (50% 15Mbps Tx) and GoodPut disabled with the "Apply" radio button as Always.  How is it possible for his PC to reach these speeds when it should be throttled at the router level?  Also a side note, my son was playing his new 2k21 (basketball game) on the PS4 pro while my other son was downloading this Rainbow 6 and his gameplay was very laggy and he was getting frustrated (as you can imagine a teenager would be).  I thought the consoles were to have top priority over PC's? 

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What his PC set manually being Prioritized by Traffic Prio at the time and was download being rapidly prioritized? If so that will be why. What are your Traffic Prio settings generally?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7