× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 last 2 Firmware the Scheduled Services not working

martyr444
Apprentice

XR700 last 2 Firmware the Scheduled Services not working

The last 2 Firmwares have the Schedule under Content Filtering not working. I have the same start and end time for it to block all services. Now to get it to work, each time I have to go to the Schedule and hit apply manually. This then triggers it to start blocking. Then to get it to quit blocking at 7AM, I then again have to go to the Schedule and hit apply manually again. I have always had it set to block all services at those scheduled times. I have 2 of these XR700 Routers and they both got brokend with these same Firmware updates. With all versions including 1.0.1.34 and older it always worked. Since it quit working with  1.0.1.36, that's when they messed it up. I have requested this be fixed a few times before and sitll it's not fixed. I just tested the latest 1.0.1.38 and its broke just like 1.0.1.36. I need this fixed as there have been Security fixes with these 2 latest Firmware. I don't want to use 1.0.1.34 because it is too far behind on Security. I need to know when this will get fixed for sure. They should know what area that broke this so it should be a quick and easy fix. I would think even a patch should be able to fix this.

Message 1 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 last 2 Firmware the Scheduled Services not working

That's down to NG, I'll send them a reminder email on this. You can use the Traffic Controller feature on the beta as it is better in my opinion and it works.
Message 2 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Hello, I know the Dumos Beta Traffice Controller works, but it's 2 Security Firmwares behind. I have 2 of these Routers so I need Netgear to figure our what they did with the 1.0.1.36 Firmware that broke the Scheduling to where I have to manually go to the Schedule each time to hit apply to get it working. It's still broken with 1.0.1.38. This should be a easy fix even with just a patch. I spent too much Money on 2 of these to not work as advertised.

Message 3 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent them an email about this so will get back to you once I have any new information.
Message 4 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Thanks, with your help hopefully a permanent fix soon!

Message 5 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Any news from Netgear on a fix for this?

Message 6 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Nothing yet but I know they're working on a new update so that may fix it.
Message 7 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Can you find out if they are including a fix for this issue I have been having since the previous Firmware update? If they make another Security Firmware update again that is great and needed, but if it doesn't include a fix for my ongoing issue it won't help with the broken feature. Again, if I hit apply on the time schedule it will trigger it to work. The issue is I have to do this each night after 9PM manually. This all broke with the  1.0.1.36 Firmware update and didn't get fixed with the latest 1.0.1.38.

Start Blocking  Hour 21 Minute 0
End BlockingHour 7 Minute   0
Message 8 of 19
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, we'll mention this as well and request it's resolved in the next update!

Message 9 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Thank you!

Message 10 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Hello, any news yet for a fix on what they broke starting with Firmware update 1.0.1.36. This has to be a simple fix to see what they accidently changed going from the working Firmware 1.0.1.34. They broke this feature with 1.0.1.36 and didn't fix it with 1.0.1.38. Even the Beta Routers always have this Service working.

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

OK, we'll mention this as well and request it's resolved in the next update!

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 19
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

No updates as yet I'm afraid, we'll be sure to update the forum once a new firmware is available though!

Message 12 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Ok, you did let them know to apply a fix for my XR700 issues so it's just not security updates only?

Message 13 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They will yes, I've just chased them again.
Message 14 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@martyr444 good news I have received a trial firmware for scheduled services. I have sent you a PM, please see if that fixes the issue and let me know your feedback here so I can pass it back to the team.
Message 16 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

Hello and thank you! I will be testing it this weekend and will respond accordingly.

Message 17 of 19
martyr444
Apprentice

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
@martyr444good news I have received a trial firmware for scheduled services. I have sent you a PM, please see if that fixes the issue and let me know your feedback here so I can pass it back to the team.

Hello, it's working again! Tell them thanks and to make sure they don't forget what caused this so it doesn't break again on future Firmware upates.

Have a good day.Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear, thank you for the feedback. I've let them know 🙂 Thanks and you!
Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7