× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 r-apps not loading

XR700 r-apps not loading

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help on r-apps not loading on the XR700. I see there is a closed thread on this already but does not give me much information. Is anyone able to help on this one?

Nige

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 136

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Nige, what pages is this happening on? In System Information on the R-App panel, change in the options the retries to 5 instead of 3 and then reboot the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 136

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Nige, what pages is this happening on? In System Information on the R-App panel, change in the options the retries to 5 instead of 3 and then reboot the router.
Message 2 of 136

Hi Fraser,

Issue occours on the following apps:

Geo-Filter

QoS

Device Manager

Hybrid VPN

Network Monitor

Going to give that a try now. 

Nige

Message 3 of 136

Hi Fraser,

That worked.

Many Thanks

Nige

Message 4 of 136
Valaka
Tutor

I came here with the same issue after my router updated itself to XR700-V1.0.1.20.  I put up with it for a few months then decided to fix it and figured I would just manually install the firmware update.  So I downloaded the same firmware that the router automatically updated and installed and it fixed the issue.  So possibly the auto install of the firmware is the issue.  At least it was for me.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.1.20

Hope this helps someone.

Message 5 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

I am having the same issues r apps not loading. I can’t get into qos, geo filter, vpn, ect. I also had my xr700 replaced with a new one and the new one is doing the same thing. On both router we rolled back the firmware all the way to launch firmware. The launch firmware worked but every 2 to 5 minutes a constantly disconnect from the Internet level III support said that is due to the r apps not working. This is crazy $500 router that’s a paper weight. I call everyday I am told everyday there is no eta engineering and Netgear may have to come up with a fix and they said they haven’t even open the cases yet of all the people that have these issues again thank you Netgear awesome $500 investment.
Message 6 of 136
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

We are close to figuring out the cause of this issue. Until then, I would reccomend downgrading to the previous firmware version by downloading it from here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

Make sure to disable auto-update.

Message 7 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

That firmware does the same thing all the same r apps won’t load .20, .10, .08, the only one where the apps load is the launch firmware but then it keeps disconnecting from the internet I can’t stay connected for more then 5 minutes. And no before you say it’s my isp I have 0 issues when I unhook the Netgear router. It’s crazy how you say your close I just hung up the phone with level 2 support and they still said all the cases have no eta and don’t show no progress notes or nothing. $500 paper weight man smh it’s always something these Netgear routers.
Message 8 of 136
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Random question: Do you have a Nintendo Switch?

If so, go to Device Manager and change the Switch's device type to Xbox. Now restart the router.

Message 9 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

I don’t have any idea what a Nintendo switch has to do with anything? I have two Nintendo switches to Xbox one x’s PS4 Pro to gaming desk tops a few smart TVs 4 smart phones. Myself along with Netgear tried every firmware multiple times multiple resets every single version of the firmware is doing the same thing r apps are not loading. They did the net bug d logs screenshot all the pictures of every firmware not loading not working.
Message 10 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There has been some instances where we've found that a Switch having the Switch device type in the Device Manager causes this. Could you change them to a PlayStation or Xbox device type and then reboot the router please and see if this still happens?
Message 11 of 136
Valaka
Tutor

I have been dealing with this same issue for months.  I went ahead and reinstalled the same version of the firmware since I cant access the Device Manager with the issues that its been displaying.  After the update, I was able to access the Device Manager and my Nintendo Switch was now showing the Device Type as unknown or whatever the default is.  So I changed it to Playstation instead, so will see after a few days what happens.  I will say that the Nintendo Switch was the only device that was changed to unknown in the "Device Type".  Which does point to some sort of an issue seeing how I know I assigned it as a Nintendo Switch as I have assigned everything to what they are.  I'm not saying my XR700 is fixed as I have updated the firmware before which seemed to last for a day or two before it started to give the R-Apps no loading.  So after a couple days I will post the status of my router and hopefully it will stay fully operational.

Message 12 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

I actually did but you request it and it did absolutely nothing I put the Nintendo switches both the PlayStation Xbox PC with no results of changing anything. And I was smart enough to call Netgear and have them remotely access my PC they reinstalled the .10 firmware then did a factory reset and half of the our apps still didn’t work. My Xbox my PC both keep coming up on known devices the Nintendo switch sometimes comes up unknown device the PC sometimes comes up unknown device you have major issues with this firmware major and it needs to get sorted out ASAP or you should start refunding people because what are you guys are doing is giving Band-Aid patches.
Message 13 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just to make sure, was the name unknown or was the Device Type showing as unknown? If the name was unknown then that can happen sometimes if the router couldn't detect it for some reason. Keep us updated @Valaka

@Hartsgrove, same question to you. Also have you changed the number of retry options to 5 in the R-App panel in System Information? Are you using Google Chrome and have you tried an earlier version at all that works?
Message 14 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

I really feel like I’m doing nothing but repeating myself here. Yes we change the temperature rise to five yes we use Google Chrome and yes we use Internet explorer and when I say we I mean level two support who had remote access over my computer and did over 4 1/2 hours of remote access between three different agents including supervisors.
Message 15 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I haven't seen those questions asked to you in this topic so apologies if you feel like you're repeating yourself. I think the devs are looking for people who are experiencing this issue to see if they can narrow down the issue so will point them your way to see if they need further information.
Message 16 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

And the device type was unknown
Message 17 of 136
Valaka
Tutor

I believe it originally stated "Unknown".  So far it has been running fine, no issues with any of the apps.  I went ahead and changed the Nintendo Switch device type back to Nintendo Switch.  See if I can force it to give me the issue again.  Will post when I encounter the apps error again.

Message 18 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

Mine worked for three days only each time. I switched the names to Xbox worked 3 days then tried PS4 worked for three days I had net gear level 2 support remote access to record it happen. It’s so crazy this has been going on this long you have a billion dollar company and still have not pushed a update smh.
Message 19 of 136
Brado78
Star

Re: XR700 geofilter not working
So have been successfully using .12 for a while now on the XR700 with no issues smoothest my connection has ever been and works great with the SX10 switch. So after having issues upgrading to the firmware .20 thanks to Robs help with a work around regarding a issue to do with the Nintendo switch. Also discovering causes same issue with Nintendo Wii both causing r-apps not loading.

However used it for a couple of days everything seemed fine however also notice the geo filter was not working correctly and would let other players from USA joint my lobby. But was no indication this was happening due to no symbols appearing.

So have downgraded back to firmware version.12 on XR700.

Just thought I better let you all know just in case others have same issue with geo filter not working.🙂👍
Message 20 of 136

I have been tying the Nintendo Switch work around too and I can say the rApps are all running smoothly. So this looks to be the solution until a fix can be put in place. It would be good to know root cause from Netgear as to why this is causing this issue. 

I don't really use the geo filter so can't say if that is functioning as it should but I might give that a go to test as well. 

Nige

Message 21 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

It’s not even allowing me to change the names on the devices no more it just don’t save. No matter what I do I changed it to every name on the list it won’t save it just stays on Nintendo switch it used to work and Change but no it won’t. With the newest firmware all the way down to stock firmware with a factory reset after update as well.
Message 22 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What web browser are you using to access the interface? Are you using HTTP or HTTPS?
Message 23 of 136

I was having the same issues and thanks to your help with this post it seems to be fixed. I rolled back to version 1.2 i have all mt R-apps again and i was able to edit all my Nintento ststems to Xbox. only time will tell if i still have network dropouts radomly for no reason.

Netgear come on I love your products and for something this stupid to cause issue isnt ok. Hope you guys get this fixed correctly and quickly. I'm a Youtube content creator and i depend on my systems.

Message 24 of 136
jhylton
Tutor

You keep saying to go into Device Manager, but that's the problem!!!!!  I CAN'T!!!!  I get the same "R-App not loaded yet" problem!!  I tried reloading the OS, but still get the same problems.  Do you think you could run this up the flagpole in hopes of finding someone who actually has a solution??  "Do you have a Nintendo Switch???" WTF???  Fix the problem we have!!  "Do you have a Nintendo Switch??" Gotta be kidding me......

Message 25 of 136
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7