× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 r-apps not loading

Hartsgrove
Apprentice

Bro these guys are a joke you can’t make this up if you tried the Netgear level 2 support just blames the engineers they are always on leave or vacation. I have had this issue for two months and for two months I was told be patient they are coming out with a update. I come on here and all I here is Nintendo switch I had this issues and got two RMA’s before I even owned a Nintendo switch then they don’t answer it’s a joke waste of money $499 paper weight. Going on three months three routers and not one thing has change just be patient I’m told. I tried every firmware version on all three xr700 devices all had the same issues and I even had Netgear level 2 do it through remote access so these idiots on here can’t say nothing because for some reason they think you have to be a Genius to set around router up. Just take your time guys don’t worry about an update keep blaming nintendo switches Xbox and ps4 But hey also don’t forget that’s what this router supposed to be for bunch of morons
Message 26 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried some of the other solutions such as seeing whether it occurs on other browsers or changing the retry amount from 3 to 5 in the R-App panel options on System Information? We're not blaming a console, if that's the issue for everyone it's to caused by the device type selection.
Message 27 of 136
jhylton
Tutor

Yes. Of course I've tried those things. I also tried re-loading the firmware from a download. So have the other 50 people with this same problem! The firmware that the router shipped with was just fine, then, after the 30 days of free tech support are up (when you don't need it), you guys release an update. That update makes my router a giant (and this is a rather large router) paperweight with basic routing functions, and then you guys want to charge for premium tech support to fix the problems that came with your update! I have always had Netgear products, but my last Netgear router got bricked by an update, which is what led me to buy this one. I cannot even CALL you guys without buying a premium tech support subscription. This is ridiculous. These routers OBVIOUSLY need an update that WORKS. This was one of the most expensive routers you offered. I would think there would be better service after the sale. I feel like I'm getting burned here.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 28 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

If you actually take time and go read the older comments you will see I did everything and Netgear them self did everything via remote access it’s just annoying repeating my self and herring everyone else repeat them self just read that’s what you guys are getting paid for.
Message 29 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We (Netduma) don't charge for our support and we don't offer phone support but I understand your frustration. I'll ask for an update on the situation.
Message 30 of 136
jhylton
Tutor

Netduma-Alex said he had a hotfix for this problem three days ago and asked that we send him a private message to receive it.  I did.  Still haven't received the hotfix...  What is going on over there that this is acceptable?

Message 31 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry for the delay, I've sent you a PM with the firmware instead.
Message 32 of 136

Is this firmware private to only people have the issue? I have rolled mine back but i still have issues where i lose total internet connection for no reason. It doesnt matter how many people on my network, I have lost connection when im the only 1 using my network.

Message 33 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

Dude they told me a month ago this was a major issue they were heavily investigating and rolling out an update for a month later nothing is done just like any other problem that I’ve had with this router. I don’t know how they are legally allowed to take $500 of our money and have something like this happen to where the router is a paperweight and there’s nothing we can do to get our money back and they do nothing to fix it.
Message 34 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you both a PM with the firmware, hopefully it will help with your issues.
Message 35 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

No they just never put the firmware version out there not doing anything about it. I literally lose Internet connection 25 times a day on every single version of the firmware. I have literally done every single thing every Advisor has told me to do with zero lock on every firmware version and had level two support Netgear remotely access all three RMA routers and do 5,000,001 things you could think of and nothing worked
Message 36 of 136

Hi @Netduma-Fraser ,

Could you ping me over the firmware as well. That would be great. 

Thanlks

Nige

Message 37 of 136
jhylton
Tutor

@Hartsgrove, the hotfix that Netduma-Alex sent me fixed my problems with the R-Apps.  I initially got irritated at the hotfix because it seemed like it was an update, as it was labeled v1.0.1.22, and I believe we currently have v1.0.1.20.  Every time I tried to upload it to my router it would act like it was updating, but would restart my router every time, like it was crashing.  I tried five times on a PC, twice via my iphone and once from a Macbook.  Did the same thing every single time!  That's when I blasted Netduma-Alex for this PoS update (prematurely), however, I never re-checked the R-Apps functionality, because I thought the hotfix was crashing the router, and the version still said v1.0.2.20, but while I was waiting for a response from the Netduma guys, I got bored and clicked on QoS and Device Manager and everthing worked.  I felt stupid.....  I hope this works for you @Hartsgrove , and THANK YOU Netduma-Alex and @Netduma-Fraser .  Hopefully everything continues to work after the next update.  Should I turn my automatic updates off now?

Message 38 of 136
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm glad it worked! If everything's working then i'd turn off automatic updates. I can imagine (what with it being a hotfix) that the router might decide to replace the firmware with the latest stock firmware if automatic update is on.

Message 39 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

Just want to give a update nothing is working still with all the steps that I have previously tried. I went back to my old XR 500 router I am having issues with this router not allowing me to play with friends outside my Geo filter range. I seen other threads about this and they said you have to put it in spectating mode ping your friend then add them then you could put it back in filtering mode and it will work my only issue is I have no idea how to ping the friend there’s no option to ping a friend at all. I called Netgear and as usual they are completely clueless and have no idea what they’re doing with this router software they did not know how to ping a friend either. I have the link to the old thread where net do my Fraser fix this issue for someone else not too long ago by telling him the steps above put it in spectating mode ping your friend then add them then put it back in filtering mode
Message 40 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 41 of 136
Hartsgrove
Apprentice

This software is so **bleep** I swear I can’t take this router no more Netgear or this Duma os crap. I literally followed this guy step-by-step and still can’t connect to any of my friends outside my circle on the Geo filter. It’s not there IP address as they have a static ip. Only way I can connect to any of my friends outside my circle is if I put my Geo filter in spectating mode which completely defeats the purpose of having the filter enabled at all seeing how my ping won’t be under 30ms. I am in filtering mode I have a low pain but cannot connect to anybody outside by Geo filter range asking anybody on here for help from duma os I guess is like asking my child. Get referred to a guide that is as useless as a software.
Message 42 of 136
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Well if you're allowing all of your friends manually, it should be working. Every game works differently so it could be that some friends are unreachable if the server the game wants them to use isn't accessible to you. It's the kind of thing that might require further testing from our end.

Message 43 of 136

Hi There,

So I have been running the hotfix for a while and so far all good however it seems to have introduced a network share bug. i can see the router in the Network area of OSX however when I try to connect I get a failed error. 

Any ideas?

Nige

Message 44 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you enabled ReadyShare in the router settings?
Message 45 of 136

Hi @Netduma-Fraser ,

Yeah these settings are on and I have a network share configured. It is a bit odd. 

Nige

Message 46 of 136
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So just to confirm, you have a USB storage device connected to the router? Are you using admin password protection for the //readyshare?

Double check you have File Sharing enabled in System Preferences specificaly "Share files and folders using SMB".
Message 47 of 136
Cynos
Aspirant

Hi All 

Im having these R-apps issues as well , any news when the firmware update will be online ?

Any chance  @Netduma-Fraser  you can send accross the mini fix . Would be much appricated as i dont want to downgrade my firmware. 

Thanks

Matt

Message 48 of 136
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'll send it to you now.

Message 49 of 136
SolidusGhost
Aspirant

Any update on release date for the fix to this issue? I rolled back to v...10 and the problem is still there even after reboot of the Router. I do have a Nintendo Switch on my devices, but can't change it since the R-App wont load.

Message 50 of 136
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7