× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 router issues

DarthTom
Follower

XR700 router issues

Starting to get really   frustrated with my new XR700 gaming router. It seems as though at least once a day, my router kicks off different devices off the network as it simply stops working. I swap the device over to the other  band (ie from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or vice versa) and I get the internet again. I purchased 2x EX7700 range extenders in case that was the issue, and I can confirm that I am able to get 5Ghz through the entire house, but I still get this  continual random drop out of  a band. The devices that drop out vary from Samsung tablets and iPads to Google home hub devices, to laptops.

I've updated the router and extender firmware and I still get the same dropout issues on a daily basis.

Another issue I get is when trying to switch from one band to the other, it will occassionally come up with "Password Incorrect"  when I haven't changed the password. Even after retyping the password it simply refuses to connect with the same Password Incorrect error and the only way to fix it is to reboot my device.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone know of a fix for this as  I am at the point of throwing it out and buying a different router? 

Thanks for your help.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Hdstewart
Tutor

Re: XR700 router issues

We purchased this router only 4 months ago and have had nonstop issues with it. We are having to reset and troubleshoot it almost weekly. Normally once we spend time on fixing it then we can finally get it to connect but yet it never stays so we continue to have to do the same actions with it continuously. It is so super frustrating for a product that is so costly. Now today has been the biggest issue so far. No matter what we do, it will not connect. I have literally spent the last 2 hours trying to detect the issue and still nothing. I’ve spoke to my internet provider who ran tests on my modem and confirmed the issue is with the router. Of course we are 30 days short from qualifying for a return or even any free customer support. This router is complete garbage but I would at least like to get it working long enough to be able to order an Orbi or a Google Nest WIFI. We can’t even get this one to continuously work a solid week. Has anyone else had this issue or know of anything else I can try??
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
Hdstewart
Tutor

Mine is the R6700 Gaming/Streaming and I have had the exact same issues ever since I purchased it only 4 months ago. I would love for someone to help give me some further troubleshooting ideas. Otherwise, I am seriously about to throw mine out too. Soooo super frustrating!!!
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@DarthTom I would recommend upgrading to the beta firmware and then doing a factory reset and see if you get a better experience then https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Support is here in the forums for here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Good Luck. Happy New year.

@Thiscompanysux wrote:

Netgear is a joke. Why is this company's only solution to do a sketchy firmware update followed by a factory reset? This is a $400 router and has nothing but issues. They tried to sell me on the ability to change settings dynamically with dumaos... which is all broken unless. you upload the latest sketchy firmware and do a factory reset. What a **bleep**ing joke this company is. 

Love the support too.. no email, no phone number, just the ability for you to register your product to learn you have no support for it. Seriously, **bleep** this company. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7