× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 sfp+ slow download speed

Michael123
Tutor

XR700 sfp+ slow download speed

Hi All,

I use the xr700 for 1 week now with no issues, today i received my sfp+ module for the 10Gb.

I powerd down the router and installed the sfp+ in the router and connected the cat7 cable from port 1 in to the sfp+.

After that i did a speed test, and i wasn't getting more than 410mbps than the normal 990 i had before on port 1 with the same cable and pc.

has someone also this issue?

Firmware is the latest, pc is still 1000mbps ethernet card for now but should be a problem with the 10Gb sfp+.

Greetings,

Message 1 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand from your message what speed you're getting from the SFP+ port and what speed you're expecting?

Message 2 of 8
Michael123
Tutor

Hi,

I'm getting 410mbps on the sfp+, when I plug the same cable in Port 1 of the router I'm getting 990mbps like normal.

Desktop is 1000mbps card but that should be a problem as it is backwards compatible right?
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you switched to sfp in Internet Setup?
Message 4 of 8
Michael123
Tutor

No, I'm using this for LAN.

I just wanted to test the fsp+ module before buying the sx10 to connect it on the sfp+.
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Understood, could you disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu please and see if the speeds improve?
Message 6 of 8
Michael123
Tutor

Goodmorning,

I tried it, but no speed improvements
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think it would be best if you made a ticket with Netgear as it's potentially a hardware issue: http://support.netgear.com/ if it's something on the DumaOS side then they can let us know as it may be something we'll need to fix.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7