× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 slow connection speeds

Nofroyo1
Aspirant

XR700 slow connection speeds

Any users who own a XR700 ever experienced this issue before? Essentially my internet speed on both wireless and ethernet devices slow while using Chrome based browsers.

For example I have a Mac and windows pc both connected to ethernet and all my traffic is slow at a crawl? This seems to happen in chrome but happens in safari too. I have a 500mbs download connection via cable modem dhcp. When I run speed test I get the average 450ish to 500mbps download speed.

I tried reset network settings on my router, reset network settings on devices, reset browsing history and so on and same issue. Doesn't matter if I'm on wired or wireless it's all slow.
I have downgraded from 1.20 to 1.10 and it seem to help a bit. On average I have about 3-5 devices connected at the same time. No big things like streaming or gaming.

Issue been happening for a while now and if anyone experienced this issue or similar had any tips to try to fix it? Any help be appreciated
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you set manual DNS on the router or devices? If you used Firefox for example you wouldn't see this issue?
Message 2 of 9
Nofroyo1
Aspirant

I haven't tried that yet is that something that might help? Its odd because I do see an improvement when using Firefox on mobile devices. Not so much on the desktop side.
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes it could help with loading sites better but very strange it differs with Firefox. Try setting manual DNS in Internet Setup:
Primary 1.1.1.1
Secondary 1.0.0.1 and see if that improves it.
Message 4 of 9
Nofroyo1
Aspirant

Thanks ill give these a shot, I heard using Google dns is a good solution too. Are these Google?
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Cloudfare.

Also you can use Quad 9 as well. 

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, they're Cloudflare, I use them and think they perform better than Google personally.
Message 7 of 9
Nofroyo1
Aspirant

Unfortunately I tried like two of them and still getting the same issue. I submitted a request for help from Netgear streams on YouTube on Friday's and no responses. I paid 500 for this router I shouldn't be having these kinds of issues. Im very frustrated and disappointed 

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would recommend doing a factory reset, going through the setup wizard, then don't change any settings at all - do you still see the slow browsing then?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7