× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 spamming all network ports

cloidhamer
Aspirant

XR700 spamming all network ports

I have an issue where all the ports on my network show traffic and the router and any device on my network is unreachable. A reset of the router fixes the issue. When this happened I unplugged each device to see if it was something on the network. It was not, and since power cycling my router fixed the issue it must be a problem with the XR700. Also I haven;t changed anything on my network since installing the XR700 and have never seen this issue before. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW NetDUMA blows. I was excited for some really cool features, but it has way under delivered and is slow and laggy.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR700 spamming all network ports

What hardware do you have upstream from the router? If you've got an ISP router you might need to change some settings there to get the XR700 working properly. For example, changing the XR700's IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.x.1 where x is any number you like

Message 2 of 11
cloidhamer
Aspirant

I use my own cable modem, so there are no ip issues. It happens randomly and since I have to reset the router there is no way to check the logs.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What devices and or switches do you have connected? 

Do you have any static IP address asigned devices? 
I didn't experience this with mine. I have many LAN devices connected along with LAN switches. 

What FW version are you on? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try setting the DHCP IP address pool size to 192.168.1.100 to .200. 

@cloidhamer wrote:

I have an issue where all the ports on my network show traffic and the router and any device on my network is unreachable. A reset of the router fixes the issue. When this happened I unplugged each device to see if it was something on the network. It was not, and since power cycling my router fixed the issue it must be a problem with the XR700. Also I haven;t changed anything on my network since installing the XR700 and have never seen this issue before. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW NetDUMA blows. I was excited for some really cool features, but it has way under delivered and is slow and laggy.

Message 4 of 11
cloidhamer
Aspirant

LIke I said this network has been operating flawlessly for 5 years until I added the XR700. I will try a wireshark next time it happens, which should be within the week or sooner, to see if I can gain any data to post here.

It's unfortunate that I paid this much for a router and OS that is clearly not worth it.

Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have asked @Christian_R to add you to the beta group for XR700 firmware. There are a few firmware versions there that are not publicly available, they may help to resolve the issue you're having.
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the beta, There in a UI improvement there...

Also try changing the IP address pool size as well...

What was the prior router you had before the XR? 

What all devices do you have connected? 

@cloidhamer wrote:

LIke I said this network has been operating flawlessly for 5 years until I added the XR700. I will try a wireshark next time it happens, which should be within the week or sooner, to see if I can gain any data to post here.

It's unfortunate that I paid this much for a router and OS that is clearly not worth it.

Message 7 of 11
cloidhamer
Aspirant

Netduma-Fraser I haven't hear anything from @Christian_R. How do I get the beta firmware. Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I got confirmation that you were added yesterday so please check your private messages for details.
Message 9 of 11
cloidhamer
Aspirant

Sorry I've been on vacation so I haven't checked up on this tharead. I never received a PM for the beta software program.

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know, I've let Christian know and he should get in contact with you shortly.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7