× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 wireless suddenly disabled

jerkychew899
Follower

XR700 wireless suddenly disabled

The Wifi on my Nighthawk stopped working suddenly last night. When I look in system information it shows all my network configurations intact, but it says they are all disabled. I can't find a place to enable the radios. I've upgraded to the latest firmware and rebooted but still no luck.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: XR700 wireless suddenly disabled

Try the physical WiFi button (the second from the right)! Is the LED under the button on or off?

Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Best check the LED as @schumaku  suggested - something we accidentally once did and took us 15 mintues to figure out lol 🤦‍♂️

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

Best check the LED as @schumaku  suggested - something we accidentally once did and took us 15 mintues to figure out lol 🤦‍♂️

Beware - no cat access allowed to the (cozy warm) wireless routers! And not the first and not the last human who would have disabled it on dust removal.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Absolutely. Because we're always messing with the routers we assumed someone had broken something via software. Took us far longer than it should to solve it.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7