× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XRM570 new user issues?

Carnaged
Tutor

XRM570 new user issues?

Hi all,

I received this system yesterday and set it up, I ran into some teething troubles and thought I would ask about them here.

1.) The devices tab in the Nighthawk Router App doesn't work for the XR500, comes up with an error saying "Sorry, the action was failed.Please try again". I see this mentioned on the forum multiple times as an issue from searching myself. The EX7700 device manager works in the app however when you switch to it you can see its devices.

2.) After installing the router and setting up the DUMAOS I attempted to go to DSLReports.com but the website wouldn't load on my devices. On my phone I disconnected from Wifi and the website loaded fine. It didn't start working again until this morning. This reminded me of when I had the Orbi system and websites used to do the same thing. However I was connected to the main router and not the Extender.

I have a PPPOE connection from a Draytek Vigor 130 VDSL modem that is in bridge mode and passes on the ethernet without any form of networking.

Any Ideas when the devices tab will be fixed? It would be nice to see Link rate as well as signal strength when this is working to see how things are connected. Lastly any ideas why certain websites wouldn't load?

Model: XRM570|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router and Mesh WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XRM570 new user issues?

I can't advise on the app unfortunately as we didn't work on that. Change your DNS in Internet Setup and see if that helps with the loading issues. You can see link speed in the Device Manager table view.
Message 2 of 5
Carnaged
Tutor

Hi, I beleive you replied to me on your forums also, I posted this on both. 

That was my first thought so I changed from my ISP DNS to Cloudflare and then tried again. Still didn't work but like I said, did work on my phone 4G. 

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Perhaps there is a port conflict, in WAN Settings switch NAT to Open, does that help?
Message 4 of 5
Carnaged
Tutor

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Perhaps there is a port conflict, in WAN Settings switch NAT to Open, does that help?

If it happens again I will do that, at the moment all webpages are working fine, including DSLReports. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7