× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox One X NAT Type Unavailable

mebaby333
Tutor

Xbox One X NAT Type Unavailable

Good Day!,

I am having an issue where the NAT Type on my Xbox One X will go to Unavailable "Could not connect to the Toledo Servers".  When i turned off the Geo Filter and wait about 2 minutes, the Xbox can connect and i can join an Audio Chat.  I am running a version of software provided by support (V2.3.2.26) which fixed the LAN ports from dropping and turning off.  I seems like the Geo filter is blocking the access to Xbox Toledo servers.

Thanks,
Dave

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xbox One X NAT Type Unavailable

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

How is the xbox connected to the router? Wired is preferred. 

Set up a IP address reservation for the console ON the router. 

Is Instant ON enabled? Please disable this and report any changes. 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is it preventing you joining any games? If not all you need to do is add your friends to your allow list in order to chat with them. Do you see anything blocked on the Geo-Filter when you don't get a teredo IP address?
Message 3 of 6
mebaby333
Tutor

I do not see a block but i see a icon pop up on the map when it is searching for NAT, which looks like a dedicated server... When i turn the geo filter off, it takes about 2 minutes and the NAT type goes to open, and then i can turn back on the filtering.

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is that dedicated server icon being allowed or blocked? It should just be a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter and adding your friends to the allow list would allow you to connect to them
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@mebaby333 wrote:

I do not see a block but i see a icon pop up on the map when it is searching for NAT, which looks like a dedicated server... When i turn the geo filter off, it takes about 2 minutes and the NAT type goes to open, and then i can turn back on the filtering.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7