× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xbox One X & XR500 Wired Disconnects

jsh2291
Aspirant

Xbox One X & XR500 Wired Disconnects

Before I begin, I've seen a number of posts with a similar issue claiming to be resolved by a firmware update, but having updated the firmware to the latest available, I can confirm this issue has not been fixed.

My Xbox One X is hardwired into my XR500. When waking up the Xbox from its "Instant On" mode, the Xbox thinks it is disconnected from the router and is unable to connect to the internet. The only way I've found to fix this issue is to either disable Instant On (I do not want to do this) or to restart the XR500. 

In other words, neither of these solutions should be seen as an acceptable alternative, especially considering my R7000 worked flawlessly with hardwired internet and the Xbox in "Instant On" mode. Please help.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM with the latest beta firmware with an additional fix for those still experiencing the issue.
Message 2 of 17
Chaosphynx
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this, I turned off “instant on” (which is undesireable) on the Xbox one x...which worked for a day. Still facing this issue as well. I have updated to the most current firmware as well. Does the beta firmware fix it? If so, I’d like to receive it as well.
Message 3 of 17
Chaosphynx
Aspirant

Could you send to me as well please?
Message 4 of 17
LEEGT
Aspirant

so do i. Currently, the XBOX Lan Port has been removd. Can you send me a beta version?

Message 5 of 17
jsh2291
Aspirant

This beta version has not completely fixed the issue for me. Sometimes, yes it does work now being powered up while in Instant On, but there have also been a few times where it has not worked and I've needed to reboot the router.

Message 6 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting an IP address reservation for the xbox ON the router...

Message 7 of 17
jsh2291
Aspirant

I've already done that - I've had the assigned IP address on both the non-beta and beta router firmware

Message 8 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the IP address pool size? Default? If so, try 192.168.1.100 to 200. 

Might try going back to first version of FW and see if the problem is still present...

@jsh2291 wrote:

I've already done that - I've had the assigned IP address on both the non-beta and beta router firmware

Message 9 of 17
mfontillas
Aspirant

I have purchased an XR500 a a couple of months ago and I have been experiencing the same issues reported on this thread. I am on the latest firmware update and have tried assigning a static IP to my Xbox One X. This connectivity drop through wired connection seems to still be an isseue as of 03/03/19. Is there a fix for this beside bouncing the router?

Message 10 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Instant On enabled on the xbox. Disable it if it is. 

Set up a RESERVED IP address ON the router for the xbox. Set Automatic IP addressing on the xbox. 

@mfontillas wrote:

I have purchased an XR500 a a couple of months ago and I have been experiencing the same issues reported on this thread. I am on the latest firmware update and have tried assigning a static IP to my Xbox One X. This connectivity drop through wired connection seems to still be an isseue as of 03/03/19. Is there a fix for this beside bouncing the router?

Message 11 of 17
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Could you also check your firmware version? Does it end in .40? Click the 'i' icon in the top right corner to find the version. If it's not .40, please upgrade to it: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.40.zip

Message 12 of 17
mfontillas
Aspirant

Yes my unit is on the latest firmware. XR500 V2.3.2.40

Message 13 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Instant On enabled on the xbox. Disable it if it is. 

Set up a RESERVED IP address ON the router for the xbox. Set Automatic IP addressing on the xbox. 

@mfontillas wrote:

Yes my unit is on the latest firmware. XR500 V2.3.2.40

Message 14 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you changed your Xbox to energy saving mode rather than instant on mode? As instant on mode has been one of the causes of the issue
Message 15 of 17
mfontillas
Aspirant

Thank you, i have made this change a couple days ago and so far i have not had any issues. Do you know if there is some type of update in the works. The instant on feature is really great to have enabled. With this feature off i will have to do all my console, accessories, games, and app updates manually. Hoepfully this gets fixed because these items were not cheap and is would be sad to not use them at their full capabilities. Thanks again
Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that! There are multiple teams working on the issue so an update will be released once they've managed to fix it.
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7