× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox X Wired Daily Reboot

thebigjay19
Guide

Xbox X Wired Daily Reboot

Getting pretty sick of this! Tonight, 2 reboots. What the hell is wrong with this router? Wireless is great no issues, so why not the lan port? On the Xbox X? Turn off the Xbox after playing, come back and turn it on and there's no connection. Then I have to reboot. Been rebooting for months now, almost daily, and I'm fed up. Oh, and yes I'm updated to the latest blah blah blah.... can't you please just permanently fix it?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xbox X Wired Daily Reboot

Unfortunately the only advice I can give you for now is to change it to Power Saving mode, but of course then you can't suspend games or download updates overnight.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060532/How-do-I-fix-disconnection-issues-with-my-Xbox-One-console-when-con...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately the only advice I can give you for now is to change it to Power Saving mode, but of course then you can't suspend games or download updates overnight.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060532/How-do-I-fix-disconnection-issues-with-my-Xbox-One-console-when-con...

Message 2 of 8
thebigjay19
Guide

Thanks for the response. I kinda knew that was the only fix because I've looked into it before. I'm frustrated because it's affecting my family as well. That's why my post was expressed the way it was. It affects us all when it needs to be rebooted. Frustrated and disappointed is all I can say.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to complain about to MS. This is there issue as well. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
thebigjay19
Guide

Maybe, but how so? Is the always on feature that different or difficult? Or is it something else?
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Been like this since xbox day 1. Happens on other mfr routers, not just NG routers. Some have good luck in using it. Some don't. Something MS needs to address if they are ever going to. MS may not as well. People need to make some noise to MS and something might happen. Took alot of noise and years for MS to finally help fix NAT issues with two or more game consoles online at the same time. 

Message 6 of 8
thebigjay19
Guide

Thank you FURRYe38. I appreciate your feedback. I will make a post on the Xbox forums as well.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you find out anything. Doubtful though. 

Good Luck. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7