× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xbox one X and twitch streaming from console best XR500 router setup.

Seanabong2200
Apprentice

Xbox one X and twitch streaming from console best XR500 router setup.

Looking for recommendatins for the best setup for my router for twitch streaming from my xbox one x. I am a new stremer name Seanabong2200 wondering if anyone could give me some ideas. Would really appreciate it.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Theres no need to check out anything at the modem. It's just a modem is all. 

I would review the optimal settings threads and FAQs linked. Should give you some direction on how to configure your router well. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xbox one X and twitch streaming from console best router setup.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/27731-optimal-dumaos-settings/

Message 2 of 6
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

The modem is a Arris Model: TMA1602A MTA    charter spectrum i have 450 download and about 25 upload from ISP

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, just checking for a router at the modem level. You have a modem only. This is good. 

Message 4 of 6
Seanabong2200
Apprentice

yeah cause i dont think i can even go into my modem and make any type of adjustments.. unless is can and i dont know it.. i havnt  tried typing in my isp address to see if it bring me to a modem login page or not. Thanks for the other input ive been reading everything you put down..

@Seanabong2200 wrote:

Looking for recommendatins for the best setup for my router for twitch streaming from my xbox one x. I am a new stremer name Seanabong2200 wondering if anyone could give me some ideas. Would really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Theres no need to check out anything at the modem. It's just a modem is all. 

I would review the optimal settings threads and FAQs linked. Should give you some direction on how to configure your router well. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7