× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr 500 rebooting itself

Gianadam6
Initiate

Xr 500 rebooting itself

Hello,
I have the xr500 over two weeks now and it keeps rebooting by itself at random times during the day ,at the beginning I thought that it might be a mechanism but now I realise that a lot of people have the same issue. Can anyone help me please.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr 500 rebooting itself

The first thing i'd try is this hotfix firmware for dropouts, it might fix your problem: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/

If that doesn't work, it sounds like it might be a hardware issue. That being the case, a replacement would be the only option.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@Gianadam6 wrote:
Hello,
I have the xr500 over two weeks now and it keeps rebooting by itself at random times during the day ,at the beginning I thought that it might be a mechanism but now I realise that a lot of people have the same issue. Can anyone help me please.

Message 3 of 4
Gianadam6
Initiate

I will monitor it and see what happens, thank you for your help
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7