× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr 500

codemansanchez
Aspirant

Xr 500

Xr500 keeps dropping Internet all lan devices just DC and wifi wi display it's up but eventually it won't be I'm thinking it's my modem possibly no specs for it because I'm not home but it's through charter and they already replaced it and even replaced the wire leading to my house will post logs later tonight it would drop everyday at the same time and now it's just more frequent and been told it could be the router not responding to the modem and the modem resets idk I'm about to just return it because it's so ridiculous if I can't find a solution here because support takes forever to help as well and if all else fails I'll talk to charter support one last time and see what they see and decide from there
Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It would be helpful to see the logs from the charter modem to see if the modem shows any disconnections. Also on the XR router do you see any entries in the log file around the time this happens? How do you normally resolve it when it disconnects? - Does it reconnect on its own or do you need to reboot?
Message 2 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

I'ma try and get all that info and I just wait and it all comes back up but sorry was trying to start the thread for later because I'm becoming so upset while gaming
Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@codemansanchez wrote:
Xr500 keeps dropping Internet all lan devices just DC and wifi wi display it's up but eventually it won't be I'm thinking it's my modem possibly no specs for it because I'm not home but it's through charter and they already replaced it and even replaced the wire leading to my house will post logs later tonight it would drop everyday at the same time and now it's just more frequent and been told it could be the router not responding to the modem and the modem resets idk I'm about to just return it because it's so ridiculous if I can't find a solution here because support takes forever to help as well and if all else fails I'll talk to charter support one last time and see what they see and decide from there

Message 4 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

WiFi. Neighbors dozen including screenshot of the list of them and I do have the wifis seperate on the router between 2g and 5g and I also was told by my roommate he hadn't dced at all till I got home at around 1 am and Its always happening when I'm playing CoD could be the problem it seems like CoD
And the isp modem model # is attached and visible in picture
Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

The modems model # is not seen in the picture. Those are MAC addresses which you should not make public in posts. 

We are looking for the Mfr of this modem and the model#. 

Are you using wired or wireless for gaming?

Manual or auto for channels? What channels are you using? 

Message 6 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

ok the modem model number is E31n2V1 by Hitron Technologies, Inc. DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA

and im using wired and for wifi channels im using auto on 2.4 and the 2.5 was set to 161 

and here is the log of events everytime 

DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::12f1:f2ff:fe47:15cc dev br0 lladdr 10:f1:f2:47:15:cc STALE', Friday, December 0
[DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::201:5cff:fe6b:a46 dev brwan lladdr 00:01:5c:6b:0a:46 router STALE', Friday, Dec
[UPnP set event: add_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.153, Friday, December 06, 2019 01:46:09
[admin login] from source 192.168.1.10, Friday, December 06, 2019 01:45:16
[UPnP set event: del_nat_rule] from source 192.168.1.153, Friday, December 06, 2019 01:43:23
[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: 71.95.32.1, Friday, December 06, 2019 01:41:24
[DumaOS] DHCP lease change., Friday, December 06, 2019 01:29:54
[DumaOS] DHCP new event., Friday, December 06, 2019 01:29:54

Message 7 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

Update after talking with spectrum the issue occurred around the time I posted in the logs but the only thing that happened like I said was the modem reset eventually but I spoke to tech support and they said there was no issues seen on their side of things
Message 8 of 17
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I believe that those logs are normal. I think this is some communication issue between the modem and the router. I would reccomend turning off the modem, then factory resetting the XR500 and turning on the modem as the XR500 turns back on. Hopefully this will cause them to re-establish their conneciton with each other.

Message 9 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

And if that doesn't work any other suggestions
Message 10 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That should work but if not I would speculate it's down to the DHCP lease renewing, in which case setting reserved IPs should fix it or rebooting the router during the middle of the night when you wouldn't use it should switch that to be the time the lease renews.
Message 11 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

Ok I believe it could be the lease renewal and I have reserved ips for my main gaming devices I also talked to spectrum after I reset and my speeds have slowed and they tech said there's gotta be an issue passed the wire they replaced which is further up the street so while that's scheduled for a fix how do I set the lease time manually?
Message 12 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately you can't change the lease time, the only way to get around it is what I suggested.
Message 13 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

Feel like there should be a fix for that soon hopefully but hopefully it's the line because we idk where to start if not that
Message 14 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is something we're aware of so it has been brought to our attention and will be fixed, I just couldn't give an estimate of when.
Message 15 of 17
codemansanchez
Aspirant

So final update tech came out flat out said just get a personal modem because there service meetings are plagued with talking about that modem they provide so I guess we will see later today how everything goes with a Netgear modem and router combo
Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that's promising, keep us updated!
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7