× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr1000 traffic overview

PapaLung
Apprentice

Xr1000 traffic overview

I have currently in this photo, two devices running on the router, my computer and my Xbox series X. The classified games is prioritized, and I have my bandwidth distribution for the Xbox set so that I'm uploading more than I'm downloading in hopes to get a truer hit reg in game. That's not really important to my upcoming question but I just wanted to give you the current settings in case it matters. My question is, why do I have an overwhelming amount of background upload and download being used over my prioritized when only one device is actually demanding any kind of bandwidth at the moment?
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr1000 traffic overview

You can't force the console to use more upload than download, it will take what it needs to function optimally. Background download/upload is everything that isn't prioritized so normal web traffic on your PC etc. When gaming traffic is detected it will be prioritized over normal traffic every time.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7