× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr300 geofilter crashing

Lukespooner
Tutor

Xr300 geofilter crashing

Hi guys everytime i go to my geofilter in google chrome it just freezes and wont open then locks up my entire browser ? Everything else works fine all the settings qos etc etc but when i click on geofilter tab it just freezes and wont let me click anything
Message 1 of 20
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Could you try loading up the Geo-Filter in an Incognito tab or in another browser? I wonder if this is a caching issue.

If that works, you should clear the cache in your Chrome browser, that should fix it permanently.

Message 2 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Hi net duma alex ive tried loading it up in the normal browser aswell and it locks up and freezes the same ill try and delete all the cache etc from chrome browser and run it again to see if it works
Message 3 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If this is still an issue when the page stops responding could you right click on the page and go to Inspect Element > Console tab on the window that appears and take a screenshot please? That will help us determine what caused the issue, you should be able to either reboot or reset the router to fix the issue.
Message 4 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

I have rebooted and reset the router  this solved nothing it still keeps crashing

Message 5 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

This all i get tried everything now Screenshot_20200221-085825_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200221-081858_Chrome.jpg

Message 6 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the device you're viewing the interface on? Do you have a PC/laptop you can try accessing it from?
Message 7 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Yes i have tried laptop i have troed everything once i go to use the geo filter it just crashes everything
Message 8 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it crash when you don't have the device added in the Geo-Filter? How did you do the factory reset previously?
Message 9 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

As soon as i click on the geo filter tab on the left it just crashes .. i did the pin hole reset on the back of the router ive rebooted it numberous of times and it still crashes
Message 10 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How long did you hold the button for? It needs to be at least around 30 seconds. Do the reset from the interface instead please.
Message 11 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Reset from the interface ? I did hold it for like 30 seconds everything reset i had to set everything back up from scratch again
Message 12 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes please from Settings > Administration > Backup Settings > Erase
Message 13 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Ok ill give it a try see that alters anything
Message 14 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Just gone to settings admin erase and nothings changed it is still frozen on the geofilter tab

Message 15 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This doesn't make any sense, are you changing anything or adding the device back before trying?
Message 16 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Not changing anything i have just opend it in normal browser and not chrome and the browser has worked it hasnt froze .. its just crashing and freezing when i open geofilter in google chrome
Message 17 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's good then so it's to do with Chrome itself, are you on the latest Chrome version?
Message 18 of 20
Lukespooner
Tutor

Yes im up to date with chrome etc etc i can not figure out why it is crashing on chrome but its only the geo filter map section that crashes the whole browser the qos and dashboard are fine everything works as soon as i go to switch from filter mode to spectating mode it just crashes
Message 19 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try following the instructions here for the Chrome flag and see if it works properly after that please? https://kb.netgear.com/000061261/Google-Chrome-77-is-blocking-access-to-NETGEAR-login-pages-what-do-...
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7