× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr300 poor speeds

SC00TA
Tutor

Xr300 poor speeds

Hey guys 

I am based in New Zealand, and have recently changed over to a fibre max plan wich i should be getting speed of up to 860 down and 501 up. but I am lucky if I am getting 150down and 70up through the nighthawk app. When I tested it wired tio my 2019 mackbook pro I only go about 60 up and 60 down... 

I have it directly connected to our fibre box using it as a gateway router/ modem. What are my options for optomising my speeds? as I am paying for a service that I currently cannot benifit form with this router... I have seen other disscussions about changing the MAC address to the one on my previous ISP router but I have always used this router since joinging.

I have attached a screenshot showing my speeds

any help would be apriciated 

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr300 poor speeds

If you go to the XR300 interface by going to routerlogin.net in your web browser, can you run a Connection Benchmark test and see what speeds the router is reporting?

Message 2 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

Hey Laim 

I dont think I have that option in my DumaOS for the XR300 as im not on DumaOS 3.0?

Message 3 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

when I do a speed test through the nighthawk app, it is showing 150 down 76 up, but this fluctuates quite a bit and will often drop

see below

IMG_DEA3D6B52A7D-1.jpg

Message 4 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you attach a screenshot of the table view on the Device Manager please?
Message 5 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

Im at work now, but will respond with the screen grab as soon as I can

Message 6 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

see device manager below

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 10.24.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 10.24.16 PM.png

Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Whatever you had connected to the LAN port in the first screenshot is limited to 100 Mbits, either it's the ethernet cable or the ethernet adapter on the device is limited to that speed
Message 8 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

That would be my fibre box which is connected via Cat6 cable
Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Was that the same cable you used for your Macbook? If so try another, do you get higher speeds?
Message 10 of 12
SC00TA
Tutor

Sorry my fibre box is directly connected to the WAN port and my philips hue hub is connected to port one that is showing 100mbits
Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, it may just be then that the ethernet adapter on the Hue Hub is limited to 100mbps. Can you connect another device to the XR300 via ethernet and see if that too is limited to these speeds?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7