× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr300

RME9632
Tutor

Xr300

Hello guys. I have the xr 300 router and d7000v2 modem router. I set the d7000v2 as modem only and connect it to xr300. Everything works flawlessly i have a rock solid internet everywhere except this unusual problem. When i connect to PlayStation 4 i have internet ok but it wont let me to login to psn network it says failed. When i swap the d7000v2 with my isp modem router combo everything is ok with PlayStation 4. I have a second public ip adress assign to xr300 because i use the ppoe passthrou and the credentials setup to xr300 and to my isp modem router because i want to keep the voip phone i cant bridge my isp modem router.

I think its not reladed to xr300 probably its the modem part of the d7000v2.

Its drives me crazy.

As for the part regarding the unit xr300 its shelf, the performance is rock solid. No lockdowns no random reboots no drop outs  no nill values anywhere nothing at all, and the sofware part the dumaos its outstanding everything work as it should be.

I am atlatest firmware 1.0.3.38_10.3.30

I am very curious why there are so much problems there in the forum regarding these units xr300 xr500 and xr700 is the QC of netgear is poor or iam the lucky guy that i have a non deflective unit or my network structure benefits the xr300.

I live in greece athens with vdsl2 100/10mpps

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so switch to Spectating Mode, does that allow it to connect properly?
Message 2 of 9
RME9632
Tutor

Hello Fraser and thanks for your reply.
Its probably not related to xr300 at all, because if i put ps4 directly to d7000v2 as modem and setup a ppoe connection to ps4 i have internet on ps4 but it won't let me connect to psn. With my isp modem/router combo and xr300 everything works flawlessly. Question: is dumaos geofilter support pro evolution 2020?
I am asking this because i have came around with all possible settings combination and no matter i change always show me ping 38- 42ms and the only thing showing in the map is two servers one in japan and one in united States. Its impossible to have from here in greece 38ms ping among these locations
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is really weird, perhaps PSN is down in your area. We haven't specifically tested the game but it should work in theory. They will be mislocated on the map and are actually much closer to you.
Message 4 of 9
RME9632
Tutor

Hi Faser again thanks for your time reply.
I am sure its d7000 side problem.
Anyway 2 things too ask.
What is the proper way to connect xr300 with isp modem router? With ppoe passthrou enabled in modem router compo and 2rd ppoe puplic ip to xr300 or no ppoe to xr300 and wan ip from modem router combo dhp.

And finaly in the device manager of xr300 when i close the ps4 the device manager its not refresh ing and shows the ps4 still online only when i reboot the xr300 shows ps4 offline
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would suggest having the ISP modem/router handling PPPoE and having the XR in its DMZ. Is the PS4 using instant on/standby mode? If so that's likely why it still appears online as it periodically interacts with the router/internet.
Message 6 of 9
RME9632
Tutor

Good morning Fraser. No the ps4 is not in rest mode. I have already setup xr300 without ppoe and i think the traffic priority works better.
Is dumaos 3 when its out can be setup to xrr300? Is xr300 compatible with the new dumaos 3?
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes absolutely! P.s. you can sign up for the beta here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html
Message 8 of 9
RME9632
Tutor

Thanks Fraser i will singup. I want to inform you that the xr300 can handle ppoe with no issues at all in my network. I have the ability from my isp to have two puplic ips simultaneously and ppoe passthrou enabled so i setup my isp modem/router as default with ppoe passthrou i cant bridge it because i have voip and the xr300 calls the second ppoe puplic ip. All my network devices are on xr300 the isp modem/router is only for the phone. With the xr300 on dslreports i have A++ everywhere specifically in bufferbload.. my base ping to my isp is 4ms with 1ms jiter. The xr300 and dumaos software are both awesome and rock solid. I am network technician by the way. Thanks again fraser for your time
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7