× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 Connection through WAN port causes issues

StarFirezz
Tutor

Xr500 Connection through WAN port causes issues

When I connect through the WAN port my gigabit internet goes down to 90mbs but when connected as a switch it pushes out the gigabit internet I should be getting what is wrong with my router?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StarFirezz
Tutor

Recieved replacement XR500 from Amazon, plugged it in, got through the initial setup, and first speed test was over 750Mbps. So as it seems it was a faulty router. Thank you all for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Speed testing wired or wireless? Wired is perferred first. 

Has a full power OFF of both ISP modem and XR router for 30 seconds, then back on with the ISP modem first then the XR router been performed?

Message 2 of 7
StarFirezz
Tutor

So after sleuthing last night with an old router the speeds worked with the older router but the XR500 would not work after full resets of the network. After contacting amazon support they are sending me a new router and that may fix my issue if not I’ll report back and see if it’s the modem that has an incompatibility with the router
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Speed testing wired or wireless? Wired is perferred first. 

Has a full power OFF of both ISP modem and XR router for 30 seconds, then back on with the ISP modem first then the XR router been performed?

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Let us know if it happens again with the new router and we'll be able to troubleshoot with you, it is likely a misconfiguration issue.
Message 5 of 7
StarFirezz
Tutor

Recieved replacement XR500 from Amazon, plugged it in, got through the initial setup, and first speed test was over 750Mbps. So as it seems it was a faulty router. Thank you all for your help!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the new router worked. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7