× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 Crashing and restarting on firmware V2.3.2.40

gycuk1
Apprentice

Xr500 Crashing and restarting on firmware V2.3.2.40

HI Guys,

Just woundered if anyone has had issues with the latest Firmware for the XR500 router. It has an up time of between 2hrs-3days then crashes and the router has to reboot Lossing all connections etc. I have tried different ideas unplugging all connections, flashing from download or via router. Reset back to factory defults.

Each time i revert back to the previous firmware V2.3.2.32 and works fine. There is nothing in the logs so abit stuck

Regards

Jon

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Obviously a bad firmware release. Stay on what works for now

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Obviously a bad firmware release. Stay on what works for now

Message 2 of 8

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) Your device is a Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

That could be particularly important for these routers, because the DumaOS people keep their eye on messages.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using to udpate FW? You might try IE11 or FF or Opera. 

I would do a factory reset before, load the FW file, factory reset after then set up from scratch. 

@gycuk1 wrote:

HI Guys,

Just woundered if anyone has had issues with the latest Firmware for the XR500 router. It has an up time of between 2hrs-3days then crashes and the router has to reboot Lossing all connections etc. I have tried different ideas unplugging all connections, flashing from download or via router. Reset back to factory defults.

Each time i revert back to the previous firmware V2.3.2.32 and works fine. There is nothing in the logs so abit stuck

Regards

Jon

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Jon, sorry to hear you're having this issue. Some users have seen this and it's due to consoles being in an instant on/standby mode state. When finished playing could you shut down consoles fully and see if that resolves it please? Teams are working on a fix.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

He's got game consoles? 

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Hi Jon, sorry to hear you're having this issue. Some users have seen this and it's due to consoles being in an instant on/standby mode state. When finished playing could you shut down consoles fully and see if that resolves it please? Teams are working on a fix.

Message 6 of 8
gycuk1
Apprentice

Hi Guys thanks for all you help and tips.

We have quite a large network so if it is the case as pointed out by Microchip8 i will stick with the older firmware and wait for an update. It is a pain to back and forth with the frimwares because doing so deletes the devices names and i have to re-label them.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know. There will be new firmwares out throughout the year, hopefully the next one is stable for you

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7