× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500. Is it possible to get full speed on ps4

Cujoma
Guide

Xr500. Is it possible to get full speed on ps4

Hey guys. Just bought this router but I have a question. I have high speed internet 100/10. I’m assuming with bloatware and qos on there is no possible way to acheive this speeds on my ps4. I have no problems getting those speeds on my two phones, laptops etc. They are all wireless. The ps4 is hardwired. I have antibloatware set to only when high priority traffic enabled. Both sliders set to 70 percent. When my ps4 is off everything works great. When my ps4 is on all my devices are reaching speeds of 70/7 except my ps4 is hitting around 30 down and 3 up. If I turn off the antibloatware and qos my ps4 speed test jumps up to 90/7

I guess what I’m asking is with those router features is there any possible way for the ps4 to reach the same speeds as my other devices.

Thanks in advance.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500. Is it possible to get full speed on ps4

First of all, Speedtests through a console are usually not that reliable, so I wouldn't put too much stock by the result you are seeing.

Secondly, what mode is Antu-Bufferbloat in? My guess is you have it on High Priority Traffic Detected mode. So when you boot up your PS4, it activates Anti-Bufferbloat, which then reduces your speeds.

If you want to maximise these but get the best QoS when gaming, see this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-...

Message 2 of 6
Cujoma
Guide

Thanks for the reply. I have everything you stated done. Anti buffer bloat to 70 on download and upload and set to high priority traffic. The only thing i didnt do was change my flower, which is default set to split the bandwidth everywhere. Everything seems to work fine it was just the issue with the slow lan speed test on my ps4. 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It really shouldn't affect anything you do on the console. Gaming doesn't require much bandwidth so you're absolutely fine there and your downloads should still be as fast
Message 4 of 6
Cujoma
Guide

Yeah it is just slow speed test. If i hardwire to the modem, or use a different router the speed test on the ps4 is closer to my 100/10. It is usually somewhere around 85/8. With this router and the option on we spoke about the best i can get on a speed test is around 35/3. Ive tried about 20 speed tests on there. When im on the ps4, all my other devices get around 70 down and 7 up which im assuming is because the anit buffer bloat is set to 70% on a 100/10 connection. Which is fine. I just dont understand why i cant see those speeds on the ps4 through this router. As i said the other router is fine (asus ac86u) and directly to the modem is fine

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can't really explain why that is but as it's not causing any issues I'd just keep an eye on it for now
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7