× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 Router is in Double NAT Type and wont display Ipv6 on Xbox One X

Indesolence
Aspirant

Xr500 Router is in Double NAT Type and wont display Ipv6 on Xbox One X

Hello!

I've had my Xr500 for a bout a month now and it is great, only issue i am currently having with the router is my Xbox one X is showing me have a "double nat type: and teh nat type is: "Moderate" instead of open.. As well as not showing ipv6 but only ipv4 whne i go to the network statistics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Rise up Netgear nation!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 Router is in Double NAT Type and wont display Ipv6 on Xbox One X

You need to change the upstream hub into modem mode or put the XR500 WAN IP (found in System Information) into the hubs DMZ. That will resolve the double NAT if not also the moderate NAT. Theres no benefits to using IPv6 over IPv4 so I wouldn't worry about that.
Message 2 of 7
Indesolence
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply Netduma Fraser! I am currently at work, but I would like to try this when I get home today, would there be a possibility if you could list the procedures you listed above to navigate through these menu settings a lot more proficiently? 😝
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Indolesence - to explain Fraser's comments, you have two options:

1. Go into the user interface of your modem / router. This is the device your ISP probably gave you and is connected to your XR500. On that interface, look for an option to enable 'bridge mode' or 'modem mode'. Enable this mode and it should clear up your NAT problem. Basically what you are doing is telling that router to stop being a router, just be a 'dumb' modem, because you now have another router (the XR500) that will do the routing instead.

2. If you can't find that option, your other solution is to see if your modem/router has something called 'DMZ'. If it does, then you can put the WAN IP address of your XR500 in here. To find the IP address, go to the XR500 interface and System Information. You should be able to see an entry called 'WAN IP'. That's the address you need.

Try and do 1 first as it's much easier to do!

Message 4 of 7
Indesolence
Aspirant

Hello,

Im on the DumaOS setting and see in setting, vlan/bridge settings.  then i check marked enable vlan/bridge group. and i have the option for by bridge group or by vlan tag group. and then options to select the wired pors and wirless 2.4 and 5G. should i do this and do the ports i have hard wired to my xbox and my pc?

Message 5 of 7
Indesolence
Aspirant

I did enable this and it caused my downlaod speed to go way down however.  and when i try to put in the ip from my wan into dmz it says "this IP address should be in teh same subnet as the Lan Ip address??

Message 6 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Ok that’s strange your download has gone down but sometimes that happens if the modem / router is not particulaty well made.

The DMZ should be easy to fix though. What’s the the ip address you type in to access the modem’s interface? And what did you think the wan IP of the XR500 was?

They should both have the same first three sections of numbers e.g 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.23
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7