× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 Xbox double nat and bridging the modem

Death652
Tutor

Xr500 Xbox double nat and bridging the modem

When ever I connect my Xbox through a wired connection I get a double nat, I bridged my modem/router combo which is a arris, this fixed the nat problem but then I am unable to connect to the xr500’s duma OS without connecting a device directly to the router.

Is there any way I can access duma OS with a wireless device after bridgeing the modem/router combo.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You should be able to, give the router a reboot as should be no reason you can't unless the tablet is prioritizing data over WiFi

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thats the way it's supposed to be, connect a device via ethernet or WiFi to the XR500 and then you can access it's interface.
Message 2 of 7
Death652
Tutor

After I bridged the modem I was connected to the xr500 but when I tried to access the interface using www.routerlogin.com and www.routerlogin.net wirelessly on a tablet I couldn’t, but doing the same thing with wired connections works.

Before I bridged the modem using www.routerlogin.com and www.routerlogin.net worked on the same tablet and any device wirelessly.

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're bridged then the WiFi will be disabled on the gateway so thats why you can't access it
Message 4 of 7
Death652
Tutor

I know the WIFI is disabled on the modem/router Arris because it’s bridged but on the xr500 I can connect to the internet wirelessly, but I couldn’t access the duma OS Interface wirelessly.

So if I bridge the modem/router combo the xr500 is connected to then I can’t access the duma OS interface wirelessly?

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You should be able to, give the router a reboot as should be no reason you can't unless the tablet is prioritizing data over WiFi
Message 6 of 7
Death652
Tutor

After it didn’t work the first time I switched the modem back to routed with nat then last night I bridged it again and now every thing works and I’m able to access the duma OS interface.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7