× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 Xbox nat type

StephenMaye
Tutor

Xr500 Xbox nat type

New owner and first time poster here, i have just gotten my hands on the Xr500 and am having a terrible time getting my Xbox one X out of strict nat type. First i had strict double nat but was able to put my Bell home hub 3000 into dmz and add the xr500 to clear that, but am still stuck with strict nat type. I have put the geo filter into spectate mode and still gives strict, i have the UPnP enabled and no ports on the portforward and still am showing strict nat type from xbox no matter how many times i test and shut down... any help would be appreciated..... so I ended up manually port forwarding port 3074 and now the Xbox is open, is that ok to do?
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenMaye
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Fraser, yes the xr500 is in my bell home hub dmz as that’s how I was able to remove the double nat, and the Xbox has a static ip.. I wasn’t able to figure out how to access the dmz settings on the xr500 to add the Xbox.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Stephen, if the XR500 WAN IP found in System Information is in the DMZ of your Bell Home Hub then set a static IP for the Xbox on the XR500 and then put the Xbox IP in the DMZ of the XR500. That should open your NAT.
Message 2 of 6
StephenMaye
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Fraser, yes the xr500 is in my bell home hub dmz as that’s how I was able to remove the double nat, and the Xbox has a static ip.. I wasn’t able to figure out how to access the dmz settings on the xr500 to add the Xbox.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can find it in Settings > Setup > WAN Setup
Message 4 of 6
BIG_DOG
Luminary

please also disable upnp on your bell router as having upnp on xr500 and bell router may/will cause conflicts! Hope you enjoy your new XR500 as much as we do 🙂

Message 5 of 6
StephenMaye
Tutor

Thanks guys! Did all that and removed the port forward I added and now it says open! So thanks to both of you guys!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7