× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 can't connect to DNS server

j6114w
Aspirant

Xr500 can't connect to DNS server

I was browsing the internet today, playing Destiny 2 and a few other games no issues. I stream on twitch around 4pm. Well around that time, i started stream, in 15 mins of streaming my internet just cut off. I go to troubleshoot the issue and says that - windows can’t communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server). After doing troubleshooting I go to restart my PC and now it's saying (it’s trying to connect to a DNS server that’s incorrect or doesn’t exist). I've looked up youtube videos, reddit, this website everything to try and get this problem fixed and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
j6114w
Aspirant

Re: Xr500 can't connect to DNS server

I can connect directly to the modem and the internet works fine, but of course my WIFI doens't work. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Could you try installing this hotfix firmware? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/

Also consider setting a different DNS address in the XR500, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, as your ISP DNS server may be at fault.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7