× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 connected to BT Smarthub settings.

Danmc17
Tutor

Xr500 connected to BT Smarthub settings.

Good morning,
I have an xr500 which up until this week I thought was running without issue but currently I'm having ps4 party chat issues. I just put my lan back into the back of my Smarthub and even though my call of duty connection went from Open to moderate this fixed the party chat issue I was having.

Does anyone have any optimal settings for connecting the xr500 to the Bt Smarthub primarily for call of duty purposes.

Thanks.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you were able to plug into the back of the smart hub and it worked plus you have the XR500 running, are they both running in router mode? If so you're probably in a double nat which can cause issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

You could try putting your xr500 in access point mode (you lost some of the features of the xr500) and seeing if it fixes the issues. Probably the fastest fix to the problem. Otherwise you'd need to put your bt smarthub into passthrough/gateway only mode.  If you desire to do that, I'd contact your isp for setting passthrough up successfully. 

Message 2 of 6
Danmc17
Tutor

I have the WiFi disabled on the Smarthub and placed it into a dmz on its own software. As far as I'm aware the Smarthub can't be run in bridge mode.

Seemed absolutely fine up until this week. (been running for about a month)

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

if you're able to have your router and your ps4 hooked to it, its still running some router functions and could be causing the issue.

For some, a double nat doesn't cause any issues or very minor issues. Others have all kinds of problems like apps not update to even not able to connect at all.

An easy test is to use the smarthub as router (with just wifi disabled) and the xr500 as an access point. If it works fine, then its an issue with the smarthub and how its handling its routing function. 

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This may have been due to a recent PS4 update. We have updated the cloud to combat this. In the Geo-Filter Map options click 'flush cloud', if you get a took too long message just wait a minute then refresh the page and then it should work correctly with party chat.
Message 5 of 6
Danmc17
Tutor

Thank you, its been spotless tonight! 👌
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7