× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 connection problem

Redka
Aspirant

Xr500 connection problem

So I have the netgear xr500 and the netgear r7000. I have 2 separate internet lines coming into my home. 1 is strictly for gaming and the other is for the household to use. When I purchased the xr500 and connected it, my gaming connection was incredible but only temporarily and then went back to being terrible. Can't win gun fights, enemies seeing me first, etc so I switched it out with the r7000 for a while. Yesterday I decided to give the xr500 a go again and sure enough in the beginning the connection was incredible. I was winning gun fights felt like I was seeing the enemy first etc then it went back to being terrible. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is happening and/or what the problem is. My speeds are 300 down and 30 up.
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 connection problem

It may just be due to inconsistencies with the game/routing. The router ensures that you have the best possible connection for your situation, occassionally you'll get some bad games but you can then adjust the settings on the router or put them down to the game itself. I would recommend using the Geo-Filter to force different servers around you as some may play better. Also are you using QoS at all? We recommend a starting point of 70% for both download and upload on Anti-Bufferbloat and to utilise Traffic Prioritization.
Message 2 of 4
Redka
Aspirant

I did have qos enabled but do I need qos being that the only things connected to the internet are my Playstation and my laptop to run the xr500 ui? Nothing else is connected but those 2 devices.
Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Well in that case you might not need QoS.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7