× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 constantly drops wired connection

Artyjaimes
Initiate

Xr500 constantly drops wired connection

Ever since I got the xr500 router several months ago. I've constantly been having internet problems. Only the wired connection to my computer drops, the wifi never drops and keeps working. I've contacted my isp, they came and said everything was good on their end. I've tried everything believe me, I've searched and searched on here and everywhere else for a solution but nothing. I've upgraded firmwares, drivers, factory reset, and many other things. I don't know what else to do now, I'm beginning to believe the router is faulty, the connection drops several times a day, every day. Gaming is practically impossible. This Never happened with the previous router I had from my isp. This is my last resort, after trying and trying I'm beginning to give up. And help will be appreciated, since I don't think I can return the router now or exchange it. I have a Netgear cm1000 modem btw. Thank you for your time.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 constantly drops wired connection

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. There will be a fix in one of the next beta builds but isn't available yet. Two suggestions for you:
Reinstall the latest firmware using TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP which will bypass the boot process so if there is an issue there it will avoid it. Then do a factory reset. If you still have the issue then would recommend downloading to .40 or .32 as people seem to have the issue less on those versions.
Message 2 of 3
Artyjaimes
Initiate

Re: Xr500 constantly drops wired connection

ive downgraded firmwares as well. but not using the method you suggested. ill give it a try. Hopefully the beta comes out soon.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7