× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 drops internet

Stevecook
Apprentice

Xr500 drops internet

My router is dropping internet everyday now. I did a factory reset and still does it. Once I turn power off and back on the internet comes back. It drops everything wireless and wired devices. I rest it at 4 am this morning and it dropped out again at 8.52 this morning.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 5
Stevecook
Apprentice

arris docsis 3.1 surfboard sb8200 modem
I think the channels are in auto. As far as wireless neighbors maybe 5. It drops out everything wired and wireless until I cycle power on modem.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try Manual channels and see if this helps any, 1, 6 or 11 and any unused channels.

Possible ISP modem issue between that and the router.

What happens if you apply the very 1st FW for the XR500, do a factory reset then setup from scratch. If it still happens here, could be FW or HW at the router.

@Netduma-Fraser

@Netduma_Jack

Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Steve - have you been able to install the beta firmware I sent you? This might help with the problem
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7