× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 firmware

RA1NS
Guide

Xr500 firmware

Hi, I am just wondering when we can expect a new firmware version? I am running v2.3.2.40. I am experiencing issues with 'qos' as well as 'geo filtering'. I have also read about a lot of issues others are having within the community. So I'm hoping that someone can provide some info on the next firmware. Thanks
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 firmware

We can't give out any timelines for firmware updates unfortunately, that's down to Netgear. What are the issues you're experiencing?
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xr500 firmware

NG doesn't post when future FW updates for forthcoming. You'll have to keep an eye on the download support site or here in the forums when it's mentioned it's been released.

Has your router worked before upgrading to v40? 

Have you factory reset the router and setup from scratch after v40 was applied and tested? 

Might try reverting back to prior working version of FW if that worked for you. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What issues are you experiencing with the router? Please be specific and detailed if possible. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7