× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 geofilter/ping question ww2 ps4

Xr500 geofilter/ping question ww2 ps4

Hi all,I’m currently in Melbourne Australia and COD ww2 dedicated server is located in Sydney approximately 900km away my question is if I was to manually ping players on geo map should I deny players with higher or lower ping as Sydney has a huge Cod community so I’m hoping to block out players with low latency to give my self a near even playing field
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 geofilter/ping question ww2 ps4

Hi Sonny, as the game is primarily server based you cannot influence who joins that server by blocking them. However you could block players with a higher ping so as if you get into a P2P game that you may have a more even playing field.
Message 2 of 5

Ohh ok I see what you mean so pretty much it’s pointless blocking people because it’ll always put them back into my lobby when playing on a dedicated server that is bad news as there is only 1 server here in Australia and that is in Sydney and I’m sure activision has taken out p2p I’ve tried countless times setting my geo radius to 800km so that the server is outside my radius and cross my fingers hoping it’ll force me to p2p but doesn’t,but thanks for your reply appreciate it hopefully sort something out just some games bullet reg is unbearable
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can't influence others connections like that, it's impossible unfortunately. I feel like there may be 2, there used to be with previous CoD titles. Move your home location to a position where you can expand your radius to cover all of Australia but block out Sydney to check.

If servers go down for any reason it would switch over to P2P but servers are the majority of matchmaking.
Message 4 of 5

Ok I’ll experiment that option as I haven’t tried that yet I was just assuming there was only the 1 server in Sydney,thanks again
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7