× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 not connect some devices to internet

gfsamoan
Guide

My windows 10 machine just lost internet and i rebooted the system and it connect to the internet again. System as in computer. I can't figure out what is going on.

Message 26 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

now my logitech remote won't connect to the internet and it is on the 2.6hz network.

Message 27 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Was that the only device to lose internet? The DHCP lease for it may have expired, give it a static IP in LAN Settings. Are there other wireless devices close to the remote? They may be interfering with the signal.
Message 28 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

No it is the 3rd device to lose internet access, they are wifi and one is wired. My desktop had been losing connection and regaining if twice now. I am convinced now the router is the issue.
Message 29 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd suggest reinstalling the entire firmware with TFTP which will bypass the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset and that will give you the freshest install possible, hopefully then it will be more stable.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 30 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

ok can't hurt to try so i will thanks. will update if it worked or not

Message 31 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

No change 😞

Message 32 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd recommend trying to pursue a replacement if you could as I think we've exhausted all the things we could try unfortunately.
Message 33 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Ya I contacted Amazon, and they will make an exception and send me a replacement. Just worried this may happen again, but here is hope it is just defective and the one will work great.

Thank you for all the help though.

Message 34 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear! You're very welcome, fingers crossed the new one works well.
Message 35 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Replaced the router and still no change. The 3 devices connect to the router but get no internet, Every other devices works fine. I assume it the problem was with my ISP or modem nothing would work. Any other thoughts on what is going on? Still waiting on the replacement Nest to arrive it has been delayed to see if it is the device or not. But swaping the directtv boxes didn't fix directtvs connection. 

Greg

Message 36 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Finally sloved. I called Netgear since my replacement router is uder warrenty and basically had to hardcode the primary and second DNS servers as the one provided was too congeteted. Now everything is back and running.

Greg

Message 37 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, not heard of that happening before thank you for posting the solution and glad it's all working now.
Message 38 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Same, but now I know if I have that problem in the future. Plan on calling my isp to let them know. 

Message 39 of 39
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7