× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 speed test

Doggieballs
Follower

Xr500 speed test

Sorry I'm new to all this how do I perform a speedtest through my nighthawk xr500 it let me perform it upon setup of the router but now I cannot seem to find an option to perform a test again directly through the router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately there's no way to do that from within the router. The best thing to do would be to stop any downloads/streams that are happening on your connection and then do a speedtest yourself using speedtest.net or something similar.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Download OOklas speed test on a a wifi mobile device such as a phone or pad or install this app on Mac or Windows PCs. 

@Doggieballs wrote:
Sorry I'm new to all this how do I perform a speedtest through my nighthawk xr500 it let me perform it upon setup of the router but now I cannot seem to find an option to perform a test again directly through the router

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You could go through the setup wizard again which would allow you to do so but Ookla's speedtest.net is the exact same test and would be better for diagnosing any speed/ping issues
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7