× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500 upgrade from dsl to fiber

tfsawmill
Tutor

Xr500 upgrade from dsl to fiber

Hi, I'm upgrading my internet from dsl to fiber. I remember when I set up my xr500 it tested my Max download speed (14 mbps) and that's what my settings are based off of. When the fiber is hooked up is there a way to retest my Max download speed?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
tfsawmill
Tutor

I'm hoping to avoid a total reset since I have alot hooked up via WiFi (smart home). And it's the same isp. They're just upgrading their equipment. So I'll try just inputting speed test results in buffer bloat. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Whenever I change providers, I always prefer to re-do my setup from factory. It prevents old/forgotten settings from causing issues. 

Unless you have a advanced configuration, I'd factory reset the device and start over. 

If you do have a complex setup and don't want to redo the configuration, I'd take a look at the DumaOS QoS guide. 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can do the above or start the setup wizard again from the Settings page. Alternatively you could do a wired speedtest.net test when nothing it using the internet and then input the results into the Bandwidth section in the options of Anti-Bufferbloat on the QoS page.
Message 3 of 5
tfsawmill
Tutor

I'm hoping to avoid a total reset since I have alot hooked up via WiFi (smart home). And it's the same isp. They're just upgrading their equipment. So I'll try just inputting speed test results in buffer bloat. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
tfsawmill
Tutor

Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7