× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 won’t connect to internet

Colt1018
Guide

Xr500 won’t connect to internet

Hey everyone! I just really wanted to come on here and post some results! I’ve been really struggling trying to get a proper connection from my modem to my router. I am currently using netgear cm700 modem connected to my netgear nighthawk xr500. I went back and fourth with my isp, store of purchase and netgear tech, which was super patient with me by the way! But I was really stressed out and I knew the xr500 was a great router and didn’t wanna just return it and give up! I’m glad I didn’t! I finally got it to connect! Referred to the netgear manual. What I had to do was turn all devices off.(power off). Everything that would be connected. Phones, computers, consoles, you name it! And then power off modem and router. Wait two minutes. Power back to modem and let it boot up, then power up router and it fixed the issue!! Was so happy! Just wanted to let people know I case they have the same issue. Don’t take it back to the store! It’s a great router!
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 won’t connect to internet

Thanks so much for posting this for others who may encounter a similar issue. Really glad to hear you're all setup now! Let us know if you have any questions/issues and we'll be happy to help.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7