× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 wont work after(power outage maybe)

Jasko90
Aspirant

Xr500 wont work after(power outage maybe)

Hello
I have a problem,today after i came home i couldnt connect to the internet with my phone,so i restarted the router(xr500),but it wouldnt boot up,the first red led and the usb 1 are blinking...so i googled about the problem,and found out that i need to reset it...while i was resetting it,i started my ps4 and realized that while it powers on,it wouldnt give me any video output on any tv in the house,with any cable,i swapped 3 cables and 3 tv...so i am guessing that there was a power outage while i wasnt home...long story short,while i can reset the router,and get to the first setup and do everything manual,i always get the no internet message,to check cable and modem...my modem is working fine,i even tried to load up a different firmware,but the problem is,that i musnt reboot it,if i do so after the reset and the whole setup,it wont boot up again,the first power light will blink again till i reset it...and i need to set it up again ,with the same outcomes...
Sorry for the long post,Thank you for reading,and for your help if anybody can help 🙂
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 wont work after(power outage maybe)

Try installing the latest firmware again using this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this will allow you to install the firmware before the proper boot up sequence. Once it's installed perform a factory reset and see if you get internet after going through the wizard again.
Message 2 of 4
Jasko90
Aspirant

I tried what you suggested,and i found out,that the ports on the router are not working,neither the internet port nor the 4 lan ports...when i reset,i can connect to it only through wifi,and i can set it up,but cant get the internet test going,and when i do all the setup manually i still cant get internet...so i tried your solution,to uldate firmware with tftp,and in on step,it says that i need to wait for 10 flashes,i only got 6 every time and the router boots up...and when i tried to install firmware it says that it cant connect in cmd...i also tried connecting through web browser to dumaos but i cant...so i think the ports are not working,and when i restart it,it flashes again red and usb 1,till i do the reset,then it will boot.
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In that case I would recommend making a ticket here: https://www.netgear.com/support/ to request a replacement as it seems to be faulty otherwise you should be able to contact the retailer you purchased from.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7