× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500

Akoni44
Aspirant

Xr500

I keep getting disconnected from games randomly and my Nat type is fine until I connect it with Ethernet then I get a notification saying I have a double Nate type and it can't connect to the DHCP server and flashes Amber on that Ethernet port. Can someone give me advice on how to fix me disconnecting all the time
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500

Have you disabled the DHCP Server on the router in LAN Settings by any chance? Also give your console a static/reserved LAN IP in LAN Settings if you haven't already done so.
Message 2 of 8
Akoni44
Aspirant

Disable this, and also I can't find an option to give my Xbox a static IP or at least I don't see it
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's on that same page, access using a PC and you should be able to see how to set the reserved IPs.
Message 4 of 8
Akoni44
Aspirant

This right here?
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's right, click add and then set an IP for your device. Check the IP it already has in the device manager and then just use that one.
Message 6 of 8
Akoni44
Aspirant

Ok I did it but I still have the double Nate type, could I fix that by setting the router to AP mode?
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That wouldn't fix the NAT. You'll need to put the XR router WAN IP (found in System Information) into the ISP router in order to fix the double NAT. If you were to use AP mode then you wouldn't have any of the features available.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7