× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500

Wheres_the_help
Follower

Xr500

Right as I'm now 2 weeks out of warranty it updated the firmware on auto and now the r-app won't work so no functionality at all and the performance is appalling as its 2 weeks over warranty they won't even talk to me.... disappointing from what could be a market leader company.... 😒
I've done all things suggested by the community over the last few weeks as it went funny over the last year but I've worked though covid no furlong... wheres the help its a firmware issue caused by the company the original software was better...
Qos just crashes the page it asks for login multiple times and every option won't load so its dead though no fault other than the manufacturer updates gradually degrading, losing performance of 1m speed every few weeks...
Is this to try and sell the new 6g router 🤷‍♂️
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Xr500

What actual firmware are you on?
What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

You put you've tried "all things suggested by the community" but dont' tell us what those are. What have you tried doing on it to resolve the problem? 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500

Do a factory reset by holding the button in the back of the router for 30 seconds then release. Wait 2 minutes then try to access it, if you can access it but still have the issues then downgrade to the previous version and turn auto update off.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7