× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Xr500

Rob2big
Aspirant

Xr500

My internet works directly to my desktop so i know my modem is not the issue. My internet stop working when connected to my xr500 router the internet led stays flashing ember. I have restarted it several times and disconnected and reset even tried delete the router and start it from scratch. I called customer service but apparently nothing is wrong with my router, but i need to pay 150$ to get tech support to reconfigure my router. Smh
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

What actual modem/gateway do you have?

Message 2 of 5
Rob2big
Aspirant

I have a spectrum modem. Both have been working good together since last November. Then two nights ago and the router decided to stop receiving internet. I have contacted spectrum and made sure the internet connection is good. Which it is because i can plug the ethernet to my desktop and smart tv and receive internet, but when o reconnect my netgear router xr500 it flashes ember and says discounted on the nighthawk app.
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface by going to either 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net in your web browser? Bear in mind you'll need to be connected directly to the router when you do this.

As you've factory reset the router, you won't have internet access until you've been through the setup again.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you're connect both a tv and a pc to the modem, it makes me suspicious its a modem/router combo device. 

What actual modem/gateway model is it?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7