× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500

Wurmkiller
Follower

Xr500

I’m recently set up my XR500 to my gigabit internet and in the instructions it didn’t appear to say that I required a modem. I don’t have cable, just internet and my old router plugged directly into the main data line coming into my house. When setting up my router I see that I have very low download and upload speeds. I have seen that everyone has said this router requires a modem, would getting a modem help with my speeds?
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Xr500

Is there a ONT or a outside service box that feeds to a wall out let using a RJ45 port? 

No the XR doen't require a Modem if there is a LAN wall port providing services to a RJ45 port on the wall. 

The service should go from there wall out let port directly to the Internet Yellow port on the back of the XR router. 

Try a factory reset on the XR router and walk thru the set wizard. Does the wizard detect your ISP speeds or something lower? 

You can manually input the speeds under QoS, set them to 1000 for both UP and DOWN. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7