× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: YT mobile disconnects or timesout and WIFI not seperate channel

grdmstr75
Aspirant

YT mobile disconnects or timesout and WIFI not seperate channel

Hello, I have had this gaming router for a little while and it started having issues with mobile device with my samsung Galaxy note s9 YT (youtube) would timeout or not play videos it would work for a few mins then stop working.  Also I have the latest FW installed.  after the FW update i did few weeks back i also did a hard reset and setup wifi etc on the router again and yes YT issue did not go away.  Also i noticed when setting up WIFI both chanels for 2.4 and 5ghz are not seperated but became one that doesnt make sense they are seperate channels, once i configured 2.4ghz it also configured @ 5ghz the same.. am i missing something here. 

thanks for any feedback. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The configuring of 2.4 & 5GHz is a feature called Smart Connect - it shows as one SSID and if devices connect to it need more bandwidth for example they'll automatically switch to 5GHz without you manually switching yourself.

Given you're having this issue though I'd suggest you disable that and connect via 5GHz (depending on your proximity to the router) and see if that helps.

If connecting manually to 2.4/5GHz doesn't work then could you tell us how you have set up the QoS page please?
Message 2 of 4
grdmstr75
Aspirant

i am not using QOs with anything. i do not have Voip. only ethernet and wifi LAN. with multiple devices , pc, laptops, phone and consoles. 

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried disabling smart connect and connecting to 2.4/5GHz manually?
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7