× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: after loging in to the router it is flashing

khalid1982
Aspirant

after loging in to the router it is flashing

Dear All,

I just bought XR700 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router and after loging into the router and put the internet pass & username, during the reboting it is flashing for more than 3 - 4 hours, i have to switch it off and leave it for the next to do the same step, again it is light flashing, so it is not accepting the setup, troubleshooting all the time, I Neeeeeeeeeed Heeeeeeeeeelp.

Thanks

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Cable or DSL ISP services? 

Is the ISP service PPPoE or DHCP? 

Power OFF both ISP Modem and XR router for 30 seconds then power on the ISP Modem first then the XR router.

Message 2 of 10
khalid1982
Aspirant

Dear Furry

Many thanks to your immediat support, about the firmware still i didnt load any firmware, still in the begening doing setup the router, about the mfr and model am going to attach the photo, you will see etisalat logo, that is our ISP provider and it is cable cat6, also we use PPPoE option so I have to put username and password plus i have to setup the VLAN..

about the steps you have provided me it doesnt help still light flashing.

Message 3 of 10
khalid1982
Aspirant

sorry I forgot to upload the file

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You might contact your ISP and have them help you ensure the PPPoE connection is setup correctly on the XR router.

Besure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router.

Have your ISP check for you to ensure the modem is only a modem and no built in router already.

Is there a model # of the ISP modem?  

Message 5 of 10
khalid1982
Aspirant

Am also trying to contact the Netgear company which is located in Dubai-United Arab Emirates but the phone number they have mentined in their website is not correct, atleast if netgear supprt reading this please reply with contact number otherwise provide me your support.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 10
khalid1982
Aspirant

Actually I hace contact the ISP they said the support only from Netgear company not from ISP, the issue is the contact number is incorrect in their website and no email to conact them, I dont know how to reach netgear company, I suppose to buy Asus router much better than Netgear products

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 10
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

It might be better to set up PPPoE on the modem rather than through the router.

Message 9 of 10
mingle123
Tutor

Make sure whether it is dial the connection on your Router or your Modem. Does other router works for the same env? Just XR700 doesn't work?

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7